Welcome to APHIDMoritsu Image Specimen Database Based on the Aphids Prepared Slide Collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu !
An image database file APHIDMoritsu is a specimen database based on aphids prepared slide collection of the late Prof. Magoshiro Moritsu. The collection was deposited in Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University. Dr. Moritsu had been studied and collected aphids and constructed a vast collection in Yamaguchi University. “Aphids of Japan in Color (1983, published by Zenkoku Nouson Kyouiku Kyoukai)” was written based on these specimens. The total number of prepared slides at present is 3,472 (late of January, 2013). Each record consists of 8 items such as scientific name, collecting locality, collecting date, collector, host plant, etc. with the images of each slide.
The APHIDMoritsu is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
The APHIDMoritsu file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) and a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search APHIDMoritsu Specimen database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 7 items.
|Scientific Name||Aphis gossypii|
|Collector||Izumi, K., Kitagawa, K.|
|Photo Image||Prepared slide||Part images of the aphid|
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editor: Y. Takematsu, System administrator: H. Inoue, F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the APHIDMoritsu Image Specimen Database.
Inquiries and Comments about APHIDMoritsu Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)